World of Linux Distros
Freespire is a community-involved, Linux-based operating system that combines the best that free, open source software has to offer (community involved, freely distributed, open source code, etc.), but also provides users the choice of including proprietary codecs, drivers and applications as they see fit. With Freespire, the choice is yours as to what software is installed on your computer, with no limitations or restrictions placed on that choice. How you choose to maximize the performance of your computer is entirely up to you.
- Is always made available for free use, distribution and modification, now and forever.
- Is powerful enough for the most sophisticated Linux user or developer, yet easy enough for someone completely new to Linux.
- Provides free access to the entire Freespire open source application pool using apt-get.
- Includes a total development environment, which can be easily expanded using apt-get or CNR.
- Provides easy-to-use yet advanced installation and configuration options.
- Is secure with non-root Admin login features and strict firewall.
- Utilizes the community IRMA project to provide Freespire in dozens of different languages.
- Is community supported at no charge, with optional enhanced support available.
For more information visit http://www.freespire.org/